Sunday, September 19, 2010

Green...more than just my favorite color!

Thought I'd share one my favorite ways to get my veggies in, since there are very few I like to just eat raw. Eric and I are complete opposites in our veggie tastes, and I've developed this little treat to get my fiber and vitamins in. There are as many variations of this as there are vegetables and fruit, but here's a few ideas to get you started.


First ingredient...and I never make green juice without it. Spinach! I use about two huge handfuls.

















Blueberries...I prefer frozen. It helps in giving the juice that smoothie coldness that feels so refreshing and healthy.

















Strawberries...never met one of those I didn't like.




















Banana...gives it an oh so creamy consistancy.


















These are the things I always use without fail. I've also been known to throw in a fuji apple, the occasional carrot, cucumbers, the list goes on and on. When I convince Eric to have some I throw in a tablespoon of agave nectar too (he has a sweet tooth!). Throw this all in the blender with a few ice cubes and your favorite juice or some ice cold water and you have a delicious green treat that will treat you right! The sky's the limit on this juice...so if anyone tries it and comes up with something delish let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment